Yes - You Can Lobby in Tallahassee
Each session FJA is inundated with bills restricting or eliminating the rights of your clients. We cannot do it alone -- the FJA needs reinforcement from our members. Members of the FJA Board of Directors volunteer their time to come to Tallahassee during the legislative sessions and interim committee weeks to lobby legislators, those they know and those they don’t know, on issues vital importance. All FJA members are invited and encouraged to join the lobbying ranks. On the job training - no experience is necessary!
When you come to Tallahassee:
- You will be briefed when you come to Tallahassee on the important issues we are working on, including pro-active and defensive legislation and given your assignments
for the day.
- First time volunteers will be paired up with an FJA lobbyist, staff person, or an FJA member who already “knows the ropes” to work alongside for the day.
- Each member volunteer will receive the appropriate position papers, bills, amendments, and House and Senate directories so you can identify the legislators and find their
- Volunteer lobbyists may also be called upon to draft amendments, position papers and talking points while in Tallahassee, as well as reviewing legislation which may affect FJA
members and their clients.
- Volunteer members may be asked to monitor committee meetings and House or Senate floor action to ensure we know what is taking place at all times.
- If needed, some volunteer lobbyists may even testify before House or Senate committees.
2016 - 2017 Interim Committee Meeting Schedule
The 2017 Legislative Session Dates: Tuesday, March 7 – Friday, May 5, 2017
- December 2016 – Week of the 5th [House Only]
- December 2016 – Week of the 12th [Senate Only]
- January 2017 - Week of the 9th
- January 2017 - Week of the 23rd
- February 2017 - Week of the 6th
- February 2017 - Week of the 13th
- February 2017 - Week of the 20th
(Other days will be added as dates are confirmed)
If you are an FJA member interested in lobbying with us, click here to learn more.
Please email Lynn McCartney
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (850) 521-1030 to sign up to assist our lobbying effort in Tallahassee.